Are you looking for a great way to aggregate work by multiple authors, or seeking to compile all of you writing on a certain topic? Why not turn your blog into a book? The two pieces below can help you wade into the self-publishing waters via blog posts.
How to turn your blog into a book by Scott Berkun at WordPress explores the questions:
1. How do you shape a blog into a book?
2. How do you actually (self) publish a book?
3. Why would people buy a book if the content is free on the blog?
4. How can I use my blog to help the book succeed with the book?
5. What’s the first step to take?
7 Tips for Turning Your Blog into a Book by Brian A. Klems at Writer’s Digest adds suggestions on these steps:
1. Pick a unique angle for your book.
2. Create a content plan for your book.
3. Mine your blog for posts that fit the content plan of your book.
4. Blog your missing content.
5. Edit your manuscript prior to going to print.
6. Entice publishers and readers with unpublished material.
7. Blog your next book.