by John Hamerlinck
Here is the follow-up information from today’s webinar. The presentation is embedded below and can also be downloaded as a PPT file at slideshare.net (requires free registration on slideshare). If I receive additional information from any attendees I will post it here and to the CDCE’s online service-learning page. To ask Jean Strait questions directly email her at email@example.com.
Documents and sites shared or mentioned during the webinar that are not linked on the PowerPoint slides.
- Article at Educational Leadership: “Using Social Media to Reach Your Community” by William M. Ferriter
Jean’s slide without URLS
- University of Georgia, College of Environment and Design
- Bridgewater College, Virginia
- California State, Eastbay
Other Resources and People
Online Volunteering Resources
- Virtual volunteering resources at serviceleader.org – a great resource!
- Myths About Online Volunteering (Virtual Volunteering) – from Coyote Communications
International volunteering online
Finding opportunities wherever you live
- Volunteer Match – find opportunities by zip code
- The Extarordinaries – want to volunteer for NASA, the Library of Congress or other fascinating organizations? (See the video below.)