You have used service-learning in your classes for years and have now been asked to teach online. Should you incorporate service-learning in online sections of those same courses? If you decide to move forward, how do you deal with all of the logistics?
You have taught online for three years and you like the idea of adding an experiential education component to your courses. Where do you start?
We will be presenting a webinar on December 6, that will explore these and other challenges related to the integration of service-learning and online education by using a decision tree model that asks key questions based on individual gservice learning onlineoals and experience. Webinar participants will:
- Compare traditional service-learning courses with online courses and pinpoint options presented by both the challenges and the opportunities
- Identify multiple paths to online service-learning
- Examine options for identifying and engaging service sites
- Look at ways to overcome logistical challenges
- Explore unique opportunities that online service-learning may offer